Concord City Clerk Mary Rae Lehman, has sent us a list of 19 applicants for Concord’s vacant City Council seat to complete former councilmember and now District Attorney Mark Peterson’s term. One has to wonder why most of these folks did not stand for election in November. All of these folks are, of course, welcome to state their case here anytime. See the list below.
Inside tipsters whisper Dan “The General” Helix Sr., fresh from service on Concord’s CNWS Reuse Committee, is a done deal with support from garbage and police union interests. But is this a vote for the future of Concord, a steady hand, or political comfort food?
Since Council seems determined to ignore the next highest vote getter in the election just two months ago, probably the best two questions Council could ask these wannabe “public servants” is if Council should direct the City Manager or vice versa, and if they support eminent domain abuse and will fight to keep Concord’s redevelopment agency. That, in a nut shell will give council everything they need to know to pick one of their own for business as usual…or not.
- Edi Birsan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Davis-Lucey, email@example.com
- John Adam Falchetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gary Forrest, email@example.com
- Norman Joseph Freitas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel C. Helix, email@example.com
- Robert C. Hoag, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeremy Jacobs, Jacobsclan53@yahoo.com
- Rudy A. Jaime, email@example.com
- Terry E. Kremin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Harmesh Kumar, email@example.com
- Jose L. Leon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim McGallian, email@example.com
- William T. Nielson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlyn Obringer, email@example.com
- Paul Poston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Quarry Prefers Phone Call: 925-497-1690
- Michael Francisco Sarabia, email@example.com
- Wilson Tai, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Voter Registration can not be verified until Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011