The 23rd Annual Meals on Wheels Crab Dinner & Fundraiser will Friday January 23, at Centre Concord, 5298 Clayton Rd, in Concord, CA. Click Here to ORDER TICKETS.
This fun-packed evening is the largest fundraising event of the year for Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services. The goal of the Meals on Wheels Crab Dinner is to raise $60,000, all of which will be used to help seniors in need in Contra Costa County.
Join us to dine on fine wine, pasta, salad, and delicious crab! Bid on a wonderful array of auction items, get lucky in our raffle, or go home with some of the quality wines we have for purchase.
The Meals on Wheels Crab Dinner will have great items for bidding
- Southwest Airlines Tickets
- Disneyland Tickets
- An In-Shape Health Club Membership
- Theater Tickets
- Weekend Evening Sailing Trip
- Indoor Sky Diving
Space is limited to 40 tables of 10. Purchase your tickets for the Meals on Wheels Crab Dinner early, since we typically sell out well in advance. To buy tickets, you can call our office at (925) 937-8311 or
About Meals On Wheels/Senior Outreach Services
Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services have been enhancing the lives of Contra Costa County seniors since 1968.
We’re a full-service nonprofit organization dedicated to helping seniors live independently and with dignity.
Our dedicated staff is expert at helping local seniors with essential services. If you need help figuring out the right services for you or a family member, give us a call or email us. We can help.
What we do
We offer six programs that work together to help keep our clients healthy, safe, and independent in their communities.
Meals on Wheels delivers 750 hot, nutritious meals to homebound seniors every weekday.
- C.C. Cafés host social activities and serve 200 healthy, low-cost lunches in 6 locations every weekday.
- Friendly Visitors provide companionship to 215 homebound seniors every week.
- The Home Care Registry helps 400 seniors and their families find trustworthy, in-home help every year.
- The Fall Prevention Program educates 700 community members and makes critical home safety improvements for 100 seniors every year.
- Our Geriatric Care Managers help 150 seniors access services that improve their quality of life every year.
Who we serve
We serve a growing population of seniors (age 60 or older) in Contra Costa County. In our 2011-12 fiscal year:
We received 9,960 calls from seniors or their adult children looking for help
- 5109 seniors benefited from one or more of our programs
- 57% of them were women
- 30% were 80 years or older
- 44% lived alone
- 80% were low or extremely low income