The Hearing And Doing panel series kicks off its 2009 schedule on February 10, to discuss how residents can join local service providers to volunteer in service to seniors and frail elderly in our community.
The free panel is open to the public and will be held February 10, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Concord Senior Center, located 2727 Parkside Drive in Concord California.
The Senior Services panel will be moderated by Elaine Welch, CEO of For Every Generation, and will include panelists:
- Linda Schaeffer, Senior Peer Counseling
- Margaret Romitti, Concord Volunteers in Police Service
- Etta Maitland, Ombudsman Office of Contra Costa County
- Carol Louisell, Caring Hands
- Sandy Warren, Meals on Wheels by Senior Outreach Services
Additional service organizations will also be recognized and have literature available. In addition to the panel, there will plenty of time for Q&A, and light refreshments will be served.
The Hearing And Doing series is produced by Church Without Shoes, and the Senior Services panel is sponsored in part by the City of Concord and the Concord Senior Center. For more information visit Hearing And Doing or call 925-215-8463.